As a birthday present, my husband took me to get my hair done.We took a photo of the color and style that I wanted(an actual picture of me) – I wanted to go from straggly-long to short and brown with minimal highlighting to mostly high-lift cool blonde.
The cut was long side-swept bangs and short just below the jawline shaggy/messy cut. When we entered the salon my husband discretely asked who was the best at providing what we needed –sadly we received an answered that they were are equal. I explained to the stylist that my hair was extremely fine, hard to lift with stubborn orange undertones, and the very top of my head would take longer to lift. I explained that I often pin my hair back/up and never wear it straight because it's so fine.
It took the stylist hours to highlight my hair. She started at the nape working her way up –removed the foils from my nape to just above my ears while she finished the crown then 15 minutes later removed those foils. When I saw my hair there was still a lot of brown, very little highlights. At the nape of my neck the highlights were white and gradually to the top, it went from blonde to yellowish-orange.
The stylist brought me toner samples, all of which looked yellow. I specifically told her that I didn't want yellow/orange – I wanted COOL tones. She took the book back and said that she knew what to do. After applying the toner I was still yellow/orange on my crown.
The work she did was awful, I could lift my hair and count the number of foils she used, they were so few and far between and started the highlights too far away from my scalp that it looked like I was 6-weeks out from the initial highlight. I also ended up with the stylist's hair cut. She cut my long bangs off straight across my eyes and the length in a straight blunt cut just above my shoulders. I kept explaining to the stylist that this wasn't what I wanted.
At this point I wouldn't let her cut anymore for fear of what she'd do. The stylist tried to style my hair by parting it down the middle and blow-drying it straight. At that point I just wanted to leave –I was extremely upset and crying. I was so embarrassed that I just got up and walked out leaving my husband behind.
The whole salon knew I was upset and the stylist just took my husband's hard-earned money without trying to fix what she created.
If she didn't understand or didn't know what to do she should have consulted another stylist or the manger.I'm still so very upset and wear my hair in a ponytail or wear hats to hide my awful hair and cry when I look in the mirror.I included pics - 1st is style I wanted, 2nd is before pic, and 3rd is recent pic (2 months after).
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Highlights And Style
- Review category
- Beauty Centers and Spas
You May Also Like
- "I got a perm. Showed photos and was told she could do it. 6 hrs and $105 later 12 inches of my long hair is burned. I just got home..."
- "I got a perm which Fried! Damaged! my hair. Breaking off! Stylists set me under dryer later found out that's a No No. Has to all be cut off...."
- "Im a hair club member, im not happy with service, 320 month , and still thin and xrands pull my own hair and thinner , and..."
- "Just got home after a vacation only to be greeted by our Japanese Garden totally trashed by tree limbs. FPL (Florida Power and Light) contractors completely gutted our beautiful 100..."
- "I purchased my furniture on July 4th, 2016 at that time I was told that it would be delivered on July 18th and I would be notified a few days..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."